Year-End Review Helps You Take Stock and Plan for the New Year
Before you get ready to ring in the new year, consider giving yourself some quiet time for a year-end review. There is something powerful about reflecting on your many (personal and professional) accomplishments, challenges, opportunities and events of this past year. I, like many of my clients, have learned to appreciate the year-end review. More than just an exercise for tracking progress, setting new goals and planning for the new year ahead. It’s a personal leadership tool that can be used throughout the year.
The following questions will help you assess this past year and determine what’s next in your life and strategize how to get it. You decide. Start now, you can make the new year the most exciting, satisfying, productive and amazing year of your life so far — or just another year.
Highlights from the past year
- List 5-10 highlights from the past year.
- How are you different now than you were in January 2015?
- What do you need to let go of or forgive yourself for from the past year?
- What do you want to celebrate about the year you’ve just completed?
Learning from the past year
- What do you wish to celebrate at the end of next year?
- What lessons do you most want to take with you into the upcoming year?
- How will you enrich your life, your work and your family’s life in the upcoming year? How can you make your relationships richer, more fun, and more intimate and loving?
- What would you like to add, change or eliminate in your daily routine during the next 12 months?
Design, plan and live your vision into the new year
- What joys and ordinary pleasure will you add to your schedule, starting today?
- What financial goals do you have for the year ahead?
- What will you do to maintain your health and wellness? What are your fitness, vitality and wellness commitments?
- Intellectually, how will you grow this year? What will you read? What do you need to study? What skills do you need to master this year?
- If you were to write a list of JUST 10 GOALS for next year, what would they be? WHY do you want these Goals? What do they GIVE you? How will your life be different once you’ve achieved these goals? How will you FEEL when you’ve completed these goals?
- If you did nothing else, what THREE things would make next year a SUCCESS for you?
- What will you achieve in the future? Where are you headed in the next 3-5 years?
As we experience the joys of this holiday season, and you begin thinking about the New Year ahead, plan with audacity. And as you move into the New Year, execute your plans with vigor. There is excitement in life, but you have to put it there.
What will you do? What could you do? Why wait?
Happy New Year!
- 4 Tips To Help You Keep Your Commitment - July 9, 2019
- Accountability Starts With You - May 1, 2019
- Stop Saying “Just” So Much - March 20, 2019
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment. Click here to login